55 / 43
      52 / 40
      56 / 43

      Apartment building damaged by fire

      Crews respond to apartment fire in Ishpeming

      Officials responded to a fire in Ishpeming that occurred on Wednesday afternoon.

      Emergency crews were called to the fire in an apartment building on W. Johnson Street in Ishpeming at around 1:30 p.m.

      Firefighters believe the fire was started by a candle that was tipped over in the downstairs apartment. Four people were in the building at the time, including one person in a wheelchair. The person in the wheelchair was helped out of the building by neighbors. There were no injuries in the fire.

      The building, which contains six apartments, suffered some fire damage and smoke damage.