76 / 51
      58 / 41
      50 / 36

      Burning food causes apartment evacuation

      Manistique Public Safety and volunteer firefighters were called to an apartment complex in Manistique Friday morning.

      The call came in at 1:15 a.m. for a report of a large amount of smoke at the Lakeview Apartments on Park Avenue.

      Officers evacuated the apartment building and located the source of the fire. They forced their way into an apartment where they found food burning on an electric stove.

      The occupant was uninjured. Firefighters cleared the smoke from the building and residents were allowed to return to their apartments at 2:00 a.m.