component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      6
      Thursday
      12 / 3
      Friday
      6 / -5
      Saturday
      4 / -9

      Chimney fire fills home with smoke

      Some scary moments came Wednesday morning for a Negaunee family when smoke started filling up their house.

      The Negaunee City Department was called out for a chimney fire after 8 a.m. on Miller Road.

      When firefighters arrived, smoke from a wood stove was filling the house. Apparently the chimney venting on the stove was blocked, so the smoke was backing up into the house.

      There was no real fire and luckily no one was injured.

      Fire officials warn those burning wood to make sure their chimney is free and clear of any build-up and burn dry wood.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER