50 / 41
      56 / 43
      63 / 38

      Early morning fire in Negaunee

      UPDATE: 12:00 p.m.

      Officials say it was an electrical fire that started in the upstairs apartment. One couple living upstairs and one couple living downstairs got out safely. They're being put up for three nights thanks to the Pigs N Heat fire relief fund. The home is not believed to be a total loss.


      Negaunee City firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire Wednesday morning. The fire was reported just after 4:00 a.m. on the 100 block of East County Road.

      Everyone inside the home was able to get out safely. When firefighters arrived, smoke was coming from the roof of the home. Officials on scene say the fire is in the attic.

      The Marquette County Sheriff's Department and Negaunee City Police are also on scene.

      No word yet on the cause of the fire.