36 / 23
      33 / 28
      34 / 29

      Family left injured and homeless after morning fire

      An Alger County family is without a home and five members are injured after an early morning fire.

      According to the Alger County Sheriff's Department, the initial call came in at 1:30 a.m. on Thursday of a mobile home fire on Johnson Road in Van Meer. As firefighters responded to the scene, an ambulance was also called out.

      While at first it was believed all persons had escaped, it was found that one child was, four-year-old Arianna McArthur, still inside. The father, 30-year-old Gaylord McArthur, rushed back into the burning building and was able to get Arianna out through a window. All residents received medical attention at the scene.

      Arianna and Gaylord were taken to the hospital for treatment. Their conditions are not available at this time. Police believe that Gaylord's actions saved the life of Arianna.

      The other residents at home during the time of the fire were identified as 24-year-old Barbara McGee, 6-year-old Brian McGee and 3-year-old Alia McArthur.

      The Michigan State Police believe the fire started near a wood burning stove.

      A call to the community to help the family has been put out with the Alger County Sheriff's Department as one of the drop-off points.

      Details on needed items for the family can be found on the Facebook page here.

      The Munising Community Credit Union has an account opened to help the family, with details listed below.People can drop off or send a check or money order to: MCCUPO Box 380Munising, MI 49862 The family is also in need of clothing, here are the sizes:

      Girls sizes 4 and 5Boys sizes 3 and 6Women size 5Men size 30/34