The victims of a trailer fire that happened in Sands Township over the weekend need the community's help.
On Sunday, a mobile home at Sands Trailer Court, belonging to Bernard Maki and his wife, Rose, caught fire. The fire is believed to have started when the insulation caught fire after the owner tried to thaw out the pipes.
The couple lost everything in the fire, and the family is looking for help to get back on their feet. They are currently staying with friends.
"Seeing my dad go through this is the most devastating, because I've never seen my dad so heartbroken. Through all of this, he looks like he's so lost," said the couple's daughter, Diane Marie Voet.
Any donations can be made at the U.P. Catholic Credit Union for Rose and Bernard Maki.
Also, if you're interested in dropping off any clothing or toiletries, you can do so at 305 Sands Trailer Court, County Road 553.