62
      Thursday
      85 / 61
      Friday
      85 / 62
      Saturday
      86 / 62

      Fire breaks out at Sawyer home

      Some new homeowners at Sawyer are counting their blessings after a fire Wednesday afternoon only caused damage to their kitchen.

      The fire broke out around 2 p.m. at 489 Mustang Street. According to firefighters, the new residents were moving their belongings in and placed some items on the stove, which caught fire.

      Luckily they were not at home when the fire started. Forsyth Township firefighters quickly put out the fire, which was contained to the kitchen area.