76 / 51
      58 / 41
      50 / 36

      Fire damages mobile home

      A mobile home in Sands Township has been heavily damaged by fire. The fire broke out at 9:05 a.m. Tuesday at the 553 Mobile Estates.

      The occupants were able to get out safely. Sands Township Fire and EMS responded to the scene. Firefighters were able to put out the fire in about 15 minutes.

      Forsyth Township Fire Department, Marquette County Rescue, and Mediride also assisted.

      Officials believe faulty wiring in the ceiling started the fire. The family is staying at the Ramada in Marquette courtesy of the Pigs-N-Heat fire relief fund.