Children playing with a lighter has been identified as the cause of a fatal fire that took place in Marinette County, Wisconsin.
The fire that broke out in an Amberg home on November 26 resulted in the death of two-year-old Lee-Ann R. Arendt. Officials believe that Arendt died of smoke inhalation after she hid when the fire broke out.
The State Fire Marshal stated that the cause of the fire was accidental and started when two children were playing in the basement with a lighter.
According to officials, Lee-Ann's mother and two sisters escaped the fire without injury.