component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      5
      Sunday
      18 / -9
      Monday
      30 / 18
      Tuesday
      26 / 14

      Garage fire destroys structure, sends one to hospital

      A garage fire in Ishpeming sent one person to the hospital and destroyed the structure. It happened shortly after 11:30 a.m. Saturday.

      Officials say the homeowner was attempting to warm up a vehicle in the garage by using a propane space heater when the structure caught on fire. A person was taken to Bell Hospital for smoke inhalation, but it is unclear if that person was the homeowner.

      The vehicle in the garage was also destroyed. The garage is a separate structure from the home and the house was not affected. The Ishpeming Fire Department and Marquette County Rescue 131 assisted at the scene.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER