A fire blazed through a camp in Erwin Township Tuesday evening.
Gogebic County deputies arrived to the camp completely engulfed in flames just after 5 p.m. and determined it a total loss. All four walls of the structure were blown out. Initial reports indicate a propane gas explosion to be the cause. Foul play is not suspected at this time.
The camp owner, a 62-year-old Ironwood resident, was able get out of the building and drive to a nearby neighbor's home to call for help. The owner suffered burns to his hands and face and was transported to Grandview Hospital and later transferred to a facility in Duluth, Minnesota.