component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      6
      Friday
      6 / -5
      Saturday
      4 / -9
      Sunday
      18 / -15

      Gas tank ignites, auto shop goes up in flames

      A fire in Iron Mountain left a business completely destroyed. It happed Sunday just after midnight at Dave's Auto Sales & Services located at 1137 South Stephenson Avenue.

      The Iron Mountain Fire Department said no one was injured during the blaze.

      Fumes from a gas tank ignited when a jump starter unit caused sparks, which officials believed to be the cause of the fire.

      Firefighters were on the scene until just before 8 a.m.

      Owner Dave Anderson said all used cars, keys, and titles were rescued without any damage. Anderson also added, although the shop is a total loss, he plans to build a new one.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER