65 / 45
      59 / 43
      54 / 44

      Grill sparks Marquette fire

      An unattended grill appears to be the cause of a fire in Marquette early Thursday morning.

      The Marquette City Fire Department responded to a structure fire at approximately 3:45 Thursday morning with two occupants trapped in the 400 block of West Baraga Avenue.

      When firefighters arrived, they rescued two college-aged individuals from the roof of the building. The fire was contained to the upstairs area of the building, damaging the second story and attic. There were no injuries reported.

      Firefighters returned to their station at approximately 6 a.m.

      Marquette City Fire Department was assisted on scene by the Marquette City Police and MediRide EMS. The fire department is still investigating the fire.