71
      Friday
      76 / 53
      Saturday
      78 / 56
      Sunday
      82 / 60

      Home destroyed in late morning blaze

      House fire in Forsyth Township/Gwinn

      Fire broke out at a home in Forsyth Township just before 11:30 Tuesday morning.

      The Forsyth Township Fire Department was called to the scene at 247 N. Ash in Forsyth Township. When firefighters arrived, they found the living room of the home engulfed in flames.

      Skandia West Branch and Sands Township Fire Departments were called for mutual aid along with Marquette County 131.

      According to officials, the fire started when a chimney pipe busted away from the ceiling and dumped hot ashes into the closet.

      Fire and smoke damage looks to have made the structure a total loss. A woman and her two children were home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported. The six-member family did not have fire insurance and are being assisted through the Pigs & Heat Fund and the American Red Cross.

      If you would like to offer assistance, contact the Forsyth Township Fire Department at (906) 346-9217.

      Tune in to the TV6 Early News for more information on this fire.