11 / 3
      12 / 2
      6 / -5

      Home invasion suspect shot by owner

      A Wisconsin man was shot while allegedly invading a Marquette home early on Tuesday morning.

      At approximately 5:12 a.m., Marquette City Police Officers responded to a breaking and entering in progress at 500 Pioneer Road #23 in Birch Grove Trailer Park.

      Officers said that a man identified as 24-year-old Jesse Paul Home of Sayner, Wisconsin returned to the scene of the alleged crimes after being moved by police 15 minutes earlier. He began banging on the door of a residence, yelling for a woman. The homeowner yelled back at Home, saying that he lived alone.

      Home then went outside the entrance and started damaging some vehicles that were parked in the yard, according to police. Home came to the front door again and started pounding on the door. The homeowner again told him to leave.

      Home then left the front door and started damaging vehicles again. He then focused his attention on the side door of the residence, kicking it down and entering the trailer. The owner called 911 and shot three times at Home with a .22 caliber handgun, according to authorities. Home fled and was later found by police officers.

      The Marquette Police Department says that the homeowner had shot at the suspect aiming at his lower extremities.

      "You know he was in fear," said Detective Gordie Warchock of the Marquette Police Department. "He had warned the individual several times to leave hime alone and to get away from his home. The individual kept coming on, was observed by the homeowner damaging cars in front of his home, and then he kicked in the door. I'm sure he was in fear at that time so much so that he went and retrieved a weapon from his home to protect himself."

      Two of the .22 caliber bullets hit Home in the legs. He was taken to Marquette General Hospital where he was treated and released.

      Home is currently lodged at the Marquette County Jail on $25,000 cash bond. He was arraigned in court on Tuesday afternoon and charged with first degree home invasion.

      The Marquette Police Department is still investigating this incident.