62
      Friday
      84 / 60
      Saturday
      85 / 62
      Sunday
      87 / 64

      House fire damages home

      Fire damaged a home in Sawyer.

      Firefighters got the call just after 9 p.m. Tuesday. The home is located at 114 Banshee Street.

      Three people were in the home when the fire started. They all got out safely. There were a couple of dogs and a cat inside the home. Firefighters are still trying to account for the animals.

      Fire appeared to be coming out of the kitchen window, an apparent grease fire. The fire damage was contained to the kitchen, but the rest of the home had smoke damage.

      Forsyth Township and Sands Township Fire Departments, along with Marquette County Rescue 131 were on scene.