The investigation into a recent house fire in Ontonagon is complete. However the cause of the fire cannot not be determined.
In the early morning hours of August 11 fire fighters rushed to 462 Minnesota Avenue. Reports of explosions in the fire cause a brief evacuation of nearby homes. It was later determined the explosions were not related to natural gas, and most likely that of oxygen tanks in the building.
The homeowner had left a few days earlier to travel to Louisiana. The State Fire Marshal was called in to investigate how the fire started. That is now complete. However a cause of the fire could not be determined.