55 / 39
      54 / 38
      42 / 33

      Ishpeming home lost to fire

      An Ishpeming home is a total loss after fire breaks out Wednesday night. Crews battled flames and sub zero temperatures.

      Ishpeming fire fighters were called out around 11:30 p.m., to a home on Marquette and Diorite Streets, just off M-28. When they arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames.

      The woman who lived in the home, Cara Zanetti, had been alerted by her dog, and she safely escaped. The dog and a cat are believed to have been lost in the fire. Zanetti was taken to Bell Hospital for treatment of minor smoke inhalation.

      The home appears to be a total loss. It appears to have started in the fireplace located on the first floor of the home. Two firefighters received minors injuries while fighting the blaze. Ishpeming Fire Department crews were assisted at the scene by Marquette County 131, Bell EMS and Ishpeming City Police.