component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      31
      Monday
      25 / 15
      Tuesday
      15 / 10
      Wednesday
      13 / 8

      Lawn mower starts garage fire

      Firefighters said a lawn mower contributed to a garage fire in Manistique on Saturday.

      The Manistique Public Safety Department said the garage was completely destroyed by fire at 10:37 p.m. on 512 N. Mackinac Avenue. The owner put the lawn mower into the garage 20 minutes before the fire started. Officials said the machine contributed to the ignition of the blaze.

      A neighbor's home was also damaged by heat from the fire. It took 30 minutes to get the blaze under control.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER