component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      27
      Sunday
      31 / 18
      Monday
      25 / 20
      Tuesday
      15 / 10

      Marquette home damaged in gas explosion

      Officials were called to a home on S. Lake Street in Marquette Thursday morning after a passerby smelled natural gas from the roadway.

      The Marquette City Fire Department discovered the home's windows laying in the yard, caused by a gas explosion. According to firefighters, there was no fire present.

      The home was ventilated and a search revealed nobody inside. The home did receive moderate structure damage to the basement and first floor. The Marquette City Fire Department and SEMCO Gas are investigating the incident.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER