65
      Saturday
      78 / 56
      Sunday
      82 / 59
      Monday
      85 / 61

      Morning fire damages Iron Mountain home

      There were some frightening moments Sunday morning in Iron Mountain when a house caught on fire.

      According to the Iron Mountain Fire Department, the fire at 1630 South Park Avenue broke out around 11:30. Officials say the fire was most likely caused by chemicals used to stain wood floors. The homeowners were not at the house at the time of the fire, and no injuries have been reported. But the house sustained extensive smoke damage, and the rear bedroom where the fire originated is a total loss. The fire was first reported by a Kingsford Public Safety officer during a routine patrol.