No deal, as time expires in the extortion case involving Hollywood actor John Stamos. The deadline for a plea bargain ended Tueday morning for one of the suspects in the case.
The case involves Marquette residents Scott Sippola and Allison Coss. Both are charged with trying to extort money from actor John Stamos last year. A judge in Marquette Federal Court was told an agreement was reached Monday with Allison Coss. He gave both sides until 10 a.m. Tuesday to iron out the details, but that didn't happen. A U.S. Attorney's office spokeswoman, Kaye Hooker, says Coss will join co-defendant Scott Sippola at trial on July 12. Sippola and Coss are charged with conspiracy and other crimes. The FBI says they threatened to sell unflattering photos of Stamos unless he paid $680,000. The government says there were no harmful pictures. But Sippola claims it was a legitimate business offer, not extortion, and that the FBI lost or destroyed the photos.