69
      Friday
      75 / 54
      Saturday
      78 / 56
      Sunday
      80 / 59

      Overnight blaze linked to previous fire

      A Negaunee structure is a total loss this morning, after a fire rekindles.

      The initial fire started on Thursday evening, around 9:00 p.m. A woman visiting a friend noticed smoke coming from a garage, located at 629 Lake Street. That was coming from a snowblower that the homeowner had just put away.

      It was removed from the garage. It appeared all was well.

      Overnight, that situation changed. Crews were called back out to the home, when the garage became engulfed in flames. Witnesses on the scene told Upper Michigan's Source that they heard a small explosion, and then saw the sky glowing. Firefighters rushed back, and put down the fire. Now, the garage is a total loss.