component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      5
      Sunday
      18 / -9
      Monday
      30 / 18
      Tuesday
      26 / 14

      Propane explosion sends man to hospital

      A propane explosion supposedly occurred when an Appleton, Wisconsin man tried to light the water heater at his U.P. cottage, according to Michigan State Police.

      Police got a call around 5:45 a.m. on Wednesday when a possible propane explosion happened as 86-year-old Edward Heinz tried to light his water heater in Iron River Township.

      Heinz was transported to Northstar Hospital in Iron River, then transported by air to Milwaukee. His condition is not being released at this time.

      The explosion is believed to have been caused by an accumulation of propane.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER