Ishpeming police say a reported exposure to a nerve agent appears be a hoax. Poison control received a call that a boy had been exposed to a World War II nerve agent. They advised the caller to take the boy to the nearest hospital which was Bell Hospital.
Several emergency agencies responded to the hospital. Bell took every precaution and set up a staging area for decontamination to await the arrival of the boy. The boy never arrived at the hospital.
Upon further investigation, police believe it's a hoax. Officers made contact with the caller who told police the boy had been dropped off at Marquette General. Police say that wasn't true. The investigation continues. Emergency crews are no longer needed at the scene. No arrests have been made yet.