component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      18
      Monday
      28 / 20
      Tuesday
      32 / 14
      Wednesday
      17 / 5

      Space heater responsible for morning fire

      Fire departments were called out to a structure fire on County Road 510 in Ishpeming Township just before 5 a.m. Wednesday morning.

      Firefighters from Ishpeming and Negaunee were called to the home. It was tough going for the large trucks that were on scene. The home is in a remote location that made access difficult. According to officials, there were two people in the home at the time of the fire, which was caused by a space heater. The residents were able to put out the fire before crews arrived.

      There were no injuries caused by the fire and the house received minimal damage.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER