11 / 3
      12 / 4
      4 / -5

      Stamos extortion trial: day three

      July 14, 2010, 2:04 p.m.

      The prosecution has rested in the extortion case against John Stamos.

      According to TV6 Reporter Natalie Jovonovich, the defense did not cross examine the last two witnesses, who were FBI agents involved in the investigation. The agents testified about technical items including the cell phone records and Internet log-in locations.

      One of the FBI witnesses is a computer forensic examiner, and he discussed a device that takes information off the phone that is uncorrupted.

      We will have more information as it becomes available.

      July 14, 2010, 10:39 a.m.

      As the John Stamos extortion case goes into its third day, two members of the Bay City Police Department are called to the stand.

      The police officers were questioned about the surveillance they did on a number of WiFi Internet connections in downtown Marquette, which Coss and Sippola allegedly used to e-mail an undercover FBI agent. One officer said he witnessed an unidentified male and Coss pull into the Holiday Inn parking lot with a laptop on the same day that they were arrested.

      A realtor was also called to the witness stand to discuss a home listed for $689,000 at 150 Kaleb Court in Marquette Township. On October 23, the listing price was lowered to $629,000. Coss and Sippola allegedly tried to sell photos of Stamos for $680,000.

      An FBI agent who was involved in the search of Coss and Sippola's house in Marquette has been on the stand since 9:45 a.m. He is also being questioned about the timeline of the investigation, which eventually led to the arrest of Coss and Sippola.

      The FBI agent denies ever finding photos of Stamos. He also denies destroying anything during the search.


      Tuesday, July 13, 2010

      Journalists from Star Magazine and the National Enquirer were both questioned on how their magazines purchase celebrity photos.

      Philip Kim, senior reporter with the National Enquirer, testified that he did remember speaking to an unidentified male about the alleged embarrassing photos of Stamos, although Kim testified that he never saw any such photos.

      Both of the journalists said in their testimonies that $680,000 would be a large and uncommon amount of money for any celebrity photo, and that neither of them would have pitched an offer for the photos on the phone.

      John Stamos was on the witness stand for three-and-a-half hours in Tuesday's proceedings. After giving some background on himself, he answered questions about when and how he met Allison Coss and how their relationship continued over the years.

      He characterized their e-mail relationship over the past six years saying, "It was all very sweet; I considered her a friend."

      Stamos also testified that the only time he has seen Coss since they met in Florida in 2004 was when he purchased a plane ticket for her to visit him in Chicago while he was shooting scenes for ER.

      Stamos began receiving e-mails from someone who called herself Jessica Taylor in September of 2009. "Taylor" claimed that she had met Stamos recently and that she was pregnant with his child. After hearing from Stamos' lawyer, those e-mails, which were later determined to be from Coss, stopped.

      Coss began e-mailing Stamos about the alleged compromising photos in October of 2009.

      The government spent time going through each e-mail with Stamos on the stand today, as he would read aloud each one, and they would ask him about specific passages. Among those messages were some of the following exchanges admitted in court Tuesday as evidence:

      -Stamos on October 20, 2009: "I have no idea how bad those pics could be...we were just drinking and carrying on..."

      -Coss on October 24, 2009: "He kept on saying that there are more pics and they only get worse." He, being "Brian L.," who, at the time, Coss claimed not to know, but it was later determined it was in fact her boyfriend, Scott Sippola, posing as someone trying to take advantage of her and Stamos.

      -Coss on November 4, 2009: "That guy is leaving me messages and saying that I better meet with him soon again or he is going somewhere else with the pics." Stamos replied to that e-mail the same day saying, "It is wrong what he's doing; it's called extortion."

      Tuesday, Stamos testified that he became suspicious of Coss when she claimed that she had paid $10,000 for one of the embarrassing photos.

      Then Stamos was contacted by "Brian L.," who claimed that he was in possession of photos that showed Stamos with drugs, alcohol, and strippers. "Brian L." also alleged that he was in the process of selling these photos to a number of tabloid magazines, but that he was offering Stamos the chance to buy them first--for $680,000 to be exact. That's when Stamos contacted the F.B.I.

      In the 38 e-mails Stamos received from both Coss and Sippola, posing as "Brian L.," he never saw a compromising photo.

      On the stand, Stamos said, "I felt threatened, violated...I felt that this was illegal."

      The defense started their cross examination with questioning whether or not Stamos was acting and would he ever lie to protect his image? They also brought into evidence earlier e-mails exchanged between Stamos and Coss from March of 2007, trying to shed light on their past relationship.

      Throughout his testimony, Stamos emphasized: "I knew there weren't any pictures."

      Several F.B.I. agents who assisted in the December search of Coss and Sippola's Marquette Township home also took the witness stand Tuesday afternoon. They all testified they would never have lost or destroyed any evidence, which both sides questioned each of them about several times.

      No incriminating photos of Stamos have been brought into court yet.

      The trial continues Wednesday in Federal Court and is expected to wrap-up on Thursday.