76 / 51
      58 / 41
      50 / 36

      Teen girls hospitalized after cold medicine overdose

      The Marquette Police Department investigated an incident involving teenage girls overdosing on over-the-counter cold medication on Friday night.

      Police responded to the Marquette General Hospital emergency room after they received a report of a 13-year-old girl who had overdosed on cold medication. According to police, the girl and two of her friends had purchased the medicine and took numerous pills before attending a dance.

      The Marquette Police Department contacted the parents of the other girls, and they were taken to the hospital for treatment. Three girls involved in this incident were admitted to the hospital with one being taken to the intensive care unit.

      The Marquette Police Department cautions that taking too many of these Tylenol-based drugs can cause damage to your body, especially the liver. No criminal charges are being sought in this case.