Firefighters in Gladstone were called to a vehicle fire at 7 a.m. on Tuesday morning on Montana Avenue.
When firefighters arrived they found a 2007 Chevrolet pickup truck fully engulfed in flames. Officials say that the vehicle was extinguished quickly, but was a total loss.
Gladstone Public Safety said that a nearby garage suffered damage as the vehicle fire melted siding. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters believe that a heater block device that was plugged in for the diesel engine malfunctioned and caused the fire.