54 / 40
      50 / 41
      56 / 43

      Utility worker dies after being electrocuted

      A 43-year-old utility worker is dead after being electrocuted while working on a utility line in Florence County.

      According to the Florence County Sheriff's Department, Dean G. Larson was working on the line about 60 yards off the road near STH 101 and Turtle Creek Road shortly after noon on Tuesday when the incident happened.

      Florence Rescue and Beacon ambulance responded to the scene and attempted to revive Larson with an AED. Officials are still investigating the incident.