component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      0
      Saturday
      4 / -9
      Sunday
      18 / -15
      Monday
      30 / 18

      Wood stove ashes to blame for fire

      A garage in Delta County sustained some damage after a fire that happened late Monday night.

      Gladstone Public Safety was called out to 1602 Michigan Avenue at 10:30 p.m. on Monday. Police say that a trash can fire spread, and soon a detached garage was fully engulfed.

      Officials have attributed the cause of the fire to wood stove ashes being placed in a trash container earlier in the day. The garage and its contents sustained fire and smoke damage.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER