July 13, 2010, 2:30 p.m.
After nearly three hours on the witness stand John Stamos denies that there were any incriminating photos taken of him.
According to TV6 Reporter Natalie Jovonovich, Stamos was questioned about his past, how he met Coss and if he continued to see her after their first meeting in Florida in 2004. He said that he flew her to Chicago once and that he considered her a friend.
The prosecution then went over 38 e-mails that were sent to Stamos--20 were from Coss and 18 were from Scott Sippola using the alias Brian L.
"I felt threatened, violated... I felt that this was illegal," said John Stamos.
When the defense attorney questioned Stamos they made Coss out to be a victim, and Stamos a preditor.
Stamos denied any drug use, stippers or illegal behavior. Stamos said that if there were drugs involved in his first meeting with Coss, he did not use them and was unaware that they were present.
Stamos said he knew there were never any photos througout the entire ordeal.
July 13, 2010, 10:40 a.m.
The first witness in the John Stamos extortion case has taken the stand, a Senior News Editor for Star Magazine.
According to TV6 Reporter Natalie Jovonovich, the witness said he never received photos of John Stamos and would not purchase anything without a contract. When the witness was asked by the prosecution if he would purchase photos for the amount Sippola and Coss allegedly wanted--$680,000--the witness said that number was way too high.
The second witness from the National Enquirer, said they did receive an anonymous call regarding photos of John Stamos. When asked if he would purchase photos for this amount, the witness replied, "It would have to be one heck of a photograph."
The defense also pointed out to the second witness that they do not know where the photos are, claiming they may have been taken or destroyed by the FBI when the Marquette residence was being searched.
John Stamos, the third witness in the case, has been on the stand since 10 a.m. Tuesday morning. He has been answering questions about his past meeting with Coss in 2004.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
July 12, 2010, 10:15 p.m.
Stamos was in the courtroom Monday afternoon after the jury was selected. He did not take the stand, but he is expected to in the coming days.
The prosecution presented its case claiming that Allison Coss and boyfriend Scott Sippola took advantage of Stamos when they asked him for $680,000 in a series of e-mails in exchange for compromising photos.
Stamos met Coss in Florida in 2004.
The defense didn't deny that Coss and Sippola sent the e-mails to Stamos. The defense conceded the couple made mistakes, but said they were not trying to extort money from Stamos. They were simply giving him a chance to buy the photos first.
The trial continues Tuesday and is expected to wrap up at the end of the week.
A jury has been selected in the extortion case. Stamos entered the courthouse early Monday afternoon.
Jury selection is underway in the trial of two Marquette residents charged with trying to extort $680,000 from actor John Stamos.
Scott Sippola and Allison Coss are charged in federal court with trying to extort the money from Stamos in exchange for some allegedly compromising photos. They have pled not guilty.
As of 11:15 a.m., about eight potential jurors from the jury pool had been dismissed after questions by attorneys from both sides. Some of the potential jurors had difficulty defining the difference between "immoral" and "illegal". Others were questioned at length about the term, "extortion." They were also asked whether celebrities had a right to privacy.
The judge has said he expects the trial to last four or five days.
Stamos is in town, but was not in court this morning.
Natalie Jovanovich is in court and will provide updates throughout the day.