Northern Michigan University Athletic Director Forrest Karr has announced the search committee for the hiring of the men's basketball head coaching position. The committee consists of seven community members, three NMU faculty members and four NMU staff members.
1) Doug Ingalls - NMU men's basketball alum; long-time middle school teacher and basketball coach at LaSalle High School in St. Ignace, Mich.
2) Matt Wonders - NMU men's basketball alum; current teacher in Iron Mountain, Mich.
3) Gordy LeDuc - Retired public school teacher; former volunteer basketball coach at NMU; member of the NMU Sports Hall of Fame.
4) Karla (Strand) McCutcheon - Current teacher in the Marquette public schools; former NMU women's basketball student-athlete and high school basketball coach.
5) Bill Saunders - Current principal at Bothwell Middle School; member of the Gus Macker Hall-of-Fame (35 Greatest Mackers of All-Time); formerly worked for the Grand Rapids Mackers of the Continental Basketball Association.
6) Ben Smith - Current teacher and girls basketball coach at Marquette Senior High School.
7) Dan Viitala - Former NMU men's basketball student-athlete; director of sales for the US division of Bombardier Recreational Products.
NMU Faculty Members:
1) Carol Johnson - College of Business instructor and member of the NMU Athletic Council.
2) Julie Rochester - Health, Physical Education and Recreation associate professor; Director of Athletic Training and NCAA faculty athletics representative (FAR).
3) Suzanne Williams - Chemistry professor.
NMU Staff Members:
1) Mary Jane Tremethick ?? Health, Physical Education and Recreation department head.
2) Jess Jones - Former NMU student-athlete; NMU Foundation director of Donor Relations and Stewardship.
3) Brandon Sager - Former NMU men's basketball student-athlete; current head girls basketball coach at Negaunee High School; assistant director for facilities in Engineering and Planning at NMU and member of the NMU Athletic Council.
4) Troy Mattson - Current NMU women's basketball head coach.